Re: [IRCA] [AMFMTVDX] WISN 1130 Milwaukee Off Air Tonight

Re: [IRCA] [AMFMTVDX] WISN 1130 Milwaukee Off Air Tonight

What many of you are suggesting in regards to QSL managers is
already taking place. With each new test, we offer to handle creating
QSL cards for the event, and verifying the tests.

In some cases, the station is grateful for the service, in others they want
to handle the situation personally.

My problem with Greg's remarks, and others like it are that they
are critical of a station or an individual who has already went out
of their way to conduct a test at all. And it's being made in a public
forum.

I'm certain that Kent had every intention of verifying the test, and for
whatever reason has simply been unable to. As a man of 44 who is
very much involved in career issues, I often find that retired folks
quickly forget what a precious commodity time is to the rest of us.

And it's a QSL card, a piece of paper...how much value does it really
have? I'd much rather have the test than the card. Complaining about
slow QSL's only serves to discourage doing tests at all...

>From the station's point of view why do them at all if folks are going to
complain. By the way, I started getting "follow up" requests for
QSL's from the recent WDAB test in only nine days...does
that seem reasonable to you?

Les Rayburn, N1LF
NRC/IRCA Broadcast Test Coordinator
Please call anytime 24/7 if your transmitter
will be off the air for maintenance.
(205) 253-4867