[IRCA] Grand Antenna Plans

Bert,

I'm very happy with my antenna on the fence.  Orginally I ran a coax to the antenna without a balum and it worked ok.   Tried it with a balum and it worked great. The balum is a 3 to 1 ratio.  The U shaped antenna is around 40'x50'x40' and about 6' high.  Speaker wire was used for the antenna and TV stand-off insulators are used every 30' to keep the wire from sagging.  The sides of the U are pointed North-South, and the bottom East -West.  The antenna is not that good at my location on TP stations, but it works fine for domestic stations and is equal to the EWE aimed NE for hearing Norway 1314 kHz.  Plans for making the 3 to 1 ratio balum are at http://www.dxing.info/equipment/ewe.dx.

73,

Dennis Vroom
Vancouver, WA