[IRCA] Nearly the best sunset skip cx ever noted here

[IRCA] Nearly the best sunset skip cx ever noted here

Shockingly early SSS cx to the far WNW direction tonite. I was set up and
listening from about 1835 CST onward and KTGO 1090 was mostly at that early
time. Over to 1070 and the "Today's Hot Country" slogan used by KATQ was
noted atop WTSO for my first sunset logging of them. At 1851 KOFI's Oldies
were listenable with WHAM phased ! Almost an hour prior to their switch
time. KFLN 960 had a nice string of Baker ads at 1845, again quite early. By
1910 I noted talk from KBOI well u/ superlocal WSCR phase null and soon
KDJQ's Mexican mx was beating up WLS phase null and around 1937 was doing
quite a number on WLS with/out phasing and was good enough to call xlnt with
WLS phased. "Ocho Noventa" slogan hrd.

Eastern WA's on 700 and 840 noted more than 45 minutes prior to their 2000
switch times and also bits of 870 mixing u/WWL.

KOMO 1000 loud 1945 with Point to Point traffic smashing a phased WMVP and
later on was almost xlnt..ie word perfect reception of Seattle area nx and
ads ! Tonite's only newie was KTBI 810 only poor with rlg mixed with WHB/
and some KXOI with WGY phased out with call ID after break in rlg 1959 and
again an ID noted 2004, with rlg copyable maybe 10% of the time. Tried for
Seattle on 770, but KKOB seems more common that usual on night pattern o/u
SS when I phase out WABC (perhaps simply the ND relay in Santa Fe?). Tried
for KLAK on 1180 with WHAM phased (KOFI had gone to night rig), but could
tell what the bits of talk show were but nothing else fits.

Also tried for KUPI 980 and KFTI 970 (SS was XEJ) again with no luck.
Calgary noted early about 1915 beating up KNLV with KYW 1060 phased out, bu
no luck logging needed AB's on 910 and 970.

Later on just past Vancouver sunset, News 1130 was xlnt and almost
completely dominant 2023 and also clear on car rx check !

1310 KEIN MT beating up WIBA at times w/NOS and IDed 2033.  Spent much time
on 1370 but never IDed the old country station (KSUM with BKB) or the occ.
oldies (need KXTL, but NE is the only westerly AN oldies ever IDed here) and
never caught anything to help.

Around 2030 KNBR 680 and KNX 1070 are in well and very listenable for
minutes at a time on peaks (is well past sunset). Still no luck IDing the
Mexican on 560 with WIND phased that is mixing with KLZ, WEBC, KMON.

73 KAZ Barrington IL ..westerly Phased BOG System, R8A