Re: [IRCA] AM-DX RSS Feed available

> Craig's site is superb and the list of stations with links to day and nite
> patterns is VERY useful.  Thx Craig !  73 KAZ

I've been looking for a way to make this more up-to-date.  The automated
process I use to gather and post data is awkward at best.  Some of the
patterns don't display properly and require manual intervention to be
correct.  The text seems OK, but it requires a handful of programs to
manipulate the downloaded data so it's in an easily searched format.

My thought is to create a link to the individual PDF files on the FCC site,
rather than generate them myself.  The generation process actually runs
under DOS, and outputs a bitmap file.  That in turn is batch converted into
a GIF which is much smaller.

The data all comes from the FCC site, which is out of date or inaccurate on
occasion.  Overall it's OK, but not perfect.  However, it is still free, and
may be better than a printed list.

In any event, it will be this summer's project to revamp.  I do most of the
work, but MadProf helped on the pattern files and that is much appreciated.
There was a PHPBBS Forums page there for a year or so, but it never really
took off.  Most users found the Forums format too cumbersome to use.  Then
it got hacked, and I flushed it from the system.  The PHPBBS software is
quite leaky and requires constant updating to keep secure.

In any event, if anyone has some time and skills that can be used there, let
me know.  I do want to add a CPC Tests list, a DX Tips place, and a Loggings
page.  All that requires administration for which I don't have time.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI