Re: [IRCA] New to this list

Ron,

Welcome to the IRCA list. Nice to see another neighbor from up North.
Yes, I know about CKXR 580. I have heard them once in a while and QSL'd
them many years back.  IBOC (In Band On Channel) what is stands for. It
is digital MW broadcasting here in the US. It causes all sorts of noise
on nearby frequencies, especially if you have one in the town you live
in here in the US. So far it only operates day and it may not even last.
We hope it doesn't! KEX 1190 Portland uses IBOC here in the NW, but from
6 AM to 6 PM daily at the most. Seattle does not have any MW IBOC
stations as yet. There are several in CA though.
   As far a TPs from BC, I do know of many that hear them from
Victoria/Vancouver, but I don't know of any other active MW DXers in
your area. But they are heard inland. There are DXers in Alberta that
hear them often. JOAK-594-Tokyo (500 KW), is heard all over the West,
even in AZ.
  Again welcome.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.