Re: [IRCA] IRCA Awards, etc.

At 01:03 PM 2/13/2006, you wrote:

Hello All,

The IRCA's award program existed back in the 1960's, I know, because I have several of the awards.  In fact, have them displayed on my website: http://www.n4fxc.com on the 'Medium Wave', 'Radio Memorabilia' page.

Jim-jim,
Hey, thank you for the Website. I was calling for any and all DXer URLs couple weeks ago. Where were YOU? Probably on anal leave up in Naptown wading around in some creek named after you

Looking at the WWV propagation data, looks like we ought to have some decent conditions for MW.   Will give it a try tonight.

I cannot claim any DX time since we got back from Delano in '03. I have a neat AM/FM radio headset that I bought from Cyberguys, and have done some bandscans in the early a.m. while taking some medication. Listen to WSM-650 then dial around, then go back to WSM. Fun. But no DX is a formal sense. My infirmities get in the way. But sooner or later, probably sooner, I'm going to start a daytime bandscan (IDs to be taped). I want to start from zero as though I've never DXed AM before. First the day part, then nighttime.

Still Tech+. Have to get a kick in the pants to go into Greenville and upgrade to General or whatever the grade is. Since I can't talk in a predictable way, CW is the way I have to, and want to, go. So I'd effectively be a novice. Fine with me. Know I can handle code. Suppose I can get real fast with practice.

Thanks for the QSO. Read your stuff relating to WWL with interest. Gotta go back to it and read it again.

73 de Al

73,
Jim, N4FXC
http://www.n4fxc.com