Re: [IRCA] Unwieldy web site links

W. Curt Deegan wrote:

>There is a better way and it's called TinyURL.  A long, near impossible to
>transcribe link is converted into a URL like this: http://tinyurl.com/9opyc
>
>Far easier to transcribe, this much simpler URL works just like Bruce's
>given link:
>http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=6546+19th+avenue+NE&city=&state=&zipcode=98115
>
>The compact URLs never expire so once one is created it can be passed on
>and saved just as any other link.  And it's FREE!  Go to: http://tinyurl.com/

There is  tinyurl creator add-on for Firefox that I use here.

It adds the right-click option "Create TinyURL for this page".

The URL is copied to your clipboard, you also have the option of saving
the URL, or going to the page via the URL to test it.

http://tinyurl.com/duwna

Nice and handy.

Rick Kunath