Re: [IRCA] WHAS IBOC On Late

> I just called the 840WHAS newsroom and said, "Youre IBOC has been on all
> night and people in Providence Rhode Island are hearing your hash. Unless
> you have an STA, which you probably don't, it's ill-legal for it to be on
> all night.
> You need to call your engineer and tell him to turn it off"

And it's still on as of 12:55am...

I've been listening for a couple of hours while doing some other work, and
it hasn't decoded once.  The analog signal is perfectly listenable most of
the time, yet no digital.  Doesn't bode well for digital dx.  It also
doesn't seem like the digital coverage can be anywhere near the useable
analog.  Others report the same impression.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI