Re: [IRCA] Do you "multi-task" when playing back MW recordings?

Re: [IRCA] Do you "multi-task" when playing back MW recordings?

Doe's multi-tasking while DXing count?

I do just about anything and everything as long as my headphones are
attached.  Having moved my receiver and loop to a desk that can accomodate
the computer, printer and a small bookcase has been a wonder to me. The
different things I do are: editing photos, reading and responding to emails,
ebay, "just looking up any 'ol topic, drinking coffee, hi, burning discs- my
sons in a band, reading- usually off-road magazines- cant concentrate enough
for reading books, maybe flying the flight simulator and generally updating
files on the computer plus who knows what else.

Sounds like alot, but I do most of this, while continuing to listen, during
the "less oportunistic" times between the ToH and BoH. I'll temporarily
pause what I'm doing and concentrate solely on what I'm listening to.
Although I'm "multi-tasking", I also have a sense to hear anything that
might sound like call letters during any listening period. It's like a
mother hearing her kid's voice in a crowded playground, hi.  If I think I
heard something of importance, I'll note the recorder number, time, what
call letters I heard, or think I heard etc. and either play the tape back
then, or wait till regular programming continues then go back.

Normally, I'm not a multi-tasker (don't even like the term) because I don't
believe I can focus on two or more things at one time. I think I can get
away with multi-tasking while listening because, even though I'm doing
something on (for example) the computer, my brain sub-conciously hears
things like call letters. I'm sort of cheating by using the conscious and
sub-conscious. ( I know... ridiculous!, hi)
73- Doug