Re: [IRCA] DC Operation of General Coverage Receivers

Re: [IRCA] DC Operation of General Coverage Receivers

> You might want to re-think the choice of a car battery for your 12 V
> power source. Car batteries are not designed for deep-cycle use and in
> as few as 12 full discharge cycles you'll have a shot battery. Grab a
> good deep-cycle battery instead.

This is going to sound strange and counter to conventional thought here. I
have a car battery yanked out of a totalled Ford Escort and a deep cycle
marine battery. The deep cycle battery is a piece of crap and the car
battery has run for years. The deep cycle battery lasts about a year and
then it is dead. I will never buy another deep cycle battery for radios.

Kevin