Re: [IRCA] Eastern Power out West- WABC etc

Re: [IRCA] Eastern Power out West- WABC etc

Doug -

I'm always excited when I hear something under KOA - but it always
turns out to be KHHO Tacoma ;-).

The WYLL catch was interesting. I actually had to null KSL as best as
possible, which meant that my Grundig was aligned almost N/S.
Thankfully WYLL streams their audio and I was able to compare. I
-was- awfully surprised to hear anything else on 1160.

KDKA has been the most consistent cross-country catch for me this
month. I have had them 5 times just in the past two weeks. But then
again, I really don't have anything "local" to the E of me on 1020;
for you, even just 90 miles wnw of me, you have to contend more with
the two Washington stations that are basically straight N of me and
are easily nulled.

I'm very surprised I haven't had Cleveland on 1220, especially as
WTAM has been heard here several times this month and 1220 at night
is just a mass of low-powered stations. At night here, KNTS (Bay
Area) and KHTS (SoCal) dominate, even at 500 watts or less each. Then
again, I haven't DXed that frequency as much as others.

Dave Williams
Redmond, OR