[IRCA] KTYM, was1460 kHz Help!

Oh geez, KTYM.  Back in the late 1960's when I lived
in the area and was seriously considering a career in
broadcasting (for you old timers, Glen Kippel and Carl
Mann talked me out of it), I would go up to the
transmitter site where they also had a small auxiliary
studio and where I got to know one of the
DJ/engineers. Unfortunately, I could never be sure
what the greeting would be.  One time I walked in and
found the engineer on duty (?) face down on the floor
asleep and/or otherwise unconscious in front of the
transmitter.  Another time, the announcer was doing
his show wearing nothing but his jockey shorts.  I
visited the main studios in Inglewood once to ask one
of the jocks about his theme song.  Once off the air,
he had one of the worst stutters I have ever
experienced.

Bob Coomler
Cloverdale, CA