From: "Stewart, Joseph R" <RandyStewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "NRC-AM listserv" <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 5:43 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] 1100 Wobbler

The Cuban wobbler on 1100, as has been widely reported, was EXTREMELY strong
and obnoxious here in southern Missouri last night, and it's back at it
again tonight. Easily audible in full double-sideband AM, LSB, USB,
sync-detector LSB or USB, you name it.

Something interesting: the wobbling noise is twice as fast (i.e. seems to
oscillate at twice the rate) in double-sideband AM as it does in either
single-sideband mode, USB or LSB.  The wobbles in  upper- and lower-sideband
also are at *different* rates/frequencies of oscillation etc., which can be
easily confirmed by rapidly switching back'n'forth from LSB to USB.

Randy Stewart
Springfield MO
Yaesu FRG-100B/Quantum QX Pro ferrite loop; barefoot Sony ICF-7600GR