[IRCA] KAVT-1680 -

1/21

I couldn't stand it, so I got back up and
listened for KAVT from 0250-0335 EST tune out.
Well, I did hear a couple of mentions of "Radio
Disney," but nothing conclusive for a specific
station ID. Aside from be serenaded by 2 Spanish
language stations (presumed WLAA and WTTM from
earlier IDs), there was an Infomercial, in
English, from 0300 to 0330 for a glucosamine
product and how it helps with arthritic
conditions; from 0330-tune out, the benefits of a
fish oil supplement were touted.

Two (2) specific items noted: 1) 0305:00 - tone
noted for maybe 5 - 10 seconds; and 2) at 0330:00
mention of "News Talk Radio 7-70." Fading was
interesting regarding the infomercials - almost 3
minutes fade (exactly) each time. Otherwise poor
signal. QRM as noted; no QRN noted. Ideas on the
UNID Infomercial station welcome as well as the "News Talk Radio 7-70" station.

I suspect that I may have heard KAVT, only
because parking on 1680 several times before the
test yielded no "Radio Disney" ID nor any //
programming from WHKT-1650. Still...............

Thanks again, Patrick!

Mike Hardester
Jacksonville, NC. (34.47 N ? 77.23 W +/- a couple of nanoseconds)
ICOM R-70 - 2 x 75 foot (23 meter) random wires
Orientation: E/W and N/S
Quantum Phaser and Patience