Re: [IRCA] Question...sending digital recordings to radio stations

  Jim wrote:

> I have a question, would sending a cd with a recording of a
> reception to a
> radio station, instead of a tape, get results?  The sound file
> could be
> recorded as a WAV or in CD audio format.

Personally, the verdict isn't totally in since I sent CDs to UAE-1575
and Kvitsøy-1314 and haven't heard back (I do not recall NRK QSLing
anybody). The KKLF-1700 engineer wanted an mp3 file on a CD. I
complied and received an E-mail QSL (an attractive one, I might add).
I do think CDs are now preferred.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
ICF2010 + Kiwa air core loop