[IRCA] Solved mystery: {was A couple of unidentifieds (1490 and 1570)}

[IRCA] Solved mystery: {was A couple of unidentifieds (1490 and 1570)}

Thanks to Jim Renfrew for doing a Google search and
discovering that WQTW in Latrobe PA is on the Pitt
Panthers network.  It turns out that Pitt was playing
the Rutgers "Scarlett Knights" on Wednesday evening.
(Scarlett Knights could certainly sound like
"Charlotte Heights" or "Scarlett Heights").

WQTW wouldn't be new for me.  I first logged WQTW when
it was still a daytimer, during the Trudeau
Administration.  Back then 1570 was dominated by CFOR,
CHLO and CKLM.

73
Niel Wolfish
Toronto

Cowboys,
> > Broncos, Seahawks, Terry Bradshaw or Peyton
Manning.

> > [2] Wednesday evening on 1570 at 8 p.m. Eastern.
> > heard a basketball game which featured "The
Panthers"
> > and (what sounded like) "Charlotte Heights".  May
have
> > been the same team. Coincidentally, I thought at
one
> > point they were saying "Scarlett Heights", which
is a
> > Toronto-area high school.   This was heard on the
car
> > radio fighting an oldies station (WANR I
assume)and