Re: [IRCA] low band TP vs. high band TP

At 07:08 15/01/2006, you wrote:
>Hi Patrick,
>
>I thought that the added 50' would help on the lower medium wave
>band.  The other morning on the lower band I could only hear JOUB 774, but
>on the top of the band many TP frequencies were open.  JOAK 594 was heard
>many times last year with the 5' loop.  Not heard that often with the EWE.

You might be dealing with conditions, Dennis.  Historically, the top of the
band can be pretty lively on  midwinter mornings compared with the low band
sort of like that this morning).  Often, signals are fluttery and have deep
fades, but can be pretty strong.   A few years back, Taiwan was heard at
home several times on 1521 (using the indoor tuned loop), nothing
equivalent on the low band at the time.

best wishes,

Nick