[IRCA] Norway 1314

Not sure if my posts regarding reception of Kvitsoy on 1314 here in North Texas made it through or not ... my posts haven't shown up ... I got more than an hour of tape of sporadic audio between 10:50 p.m. and 12:05 a.m. on what other list members say coincides with what they were hearing from Norway .. but it was difficult for the audio to push through the S8 noise level here.

Before I hit the hay at 0015 CST this morning, I turned off the computer and monitor to see if there were any other possible TA signals making in into North Texas besides the audible audio on 1314. Carriers were detected on 963, 1008, 1053, 1134, 1206, 1215, 1305.8? and 1323, but I couldn't squeeze out any audio.

In addition to the ambient noise level, there were thunderstorms less than 100 miles to the east ... but none of the rain reaching here. Weather Bureau suggests today that unless we get some rain Sunday or Monday, we'll be dry through about June or July. Our poor volunteer firefighters had already had twice as many calls as they usually have for the entire month of January, just in the first nine days.

I hope that doesn't mean we DX'ers pray for drought so we can get TAs in Texas! No lectures; I know about the sunspot cycle.

Qal R. Mann, Krumudgeon