From: John Cereghin
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] 1314 Norway

I tuned into the NRK internet feed to verify what I was hearing on 1314.

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE

"W. Curt Deegan" <WWWR@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've seen a bunch of reception reports for 1314 Norway, but none of them,
that I have noticed, state how the identification was made of what was
heard.

I hear something on 1314, but could not claim to be able to tell what it is.

Are those reporting Norway, hearing a station ID? Or is the identification
by other means?

I went back through the various postings and see no references to // SW
frequencies -- and from WRTH I don't see any listed, but I may have missed
them. Nor do I see any reference to a // Internet feed -- the NRK web site
may list them but I don't read Norwegian.

I assume there is something more i! nvolved in making a reception report
than
just hearing garbled sounds. Or is the 1314kHz frequency the key. If you
hear anything there at all, then you've heard Norway?

I don't mean to question anyone's veracity, I just want to understand the
grounds on which these reports are being made. The fact is I'm jealous,
but I need not be if I too am hearing about the same thing as everyone else.

Thanks,
Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan