Re: [IRCA] A Dubious Milestone

The count of 100 stations broadcasting IBOC is low by at least one, WILD
1090 in Boston (a daytimer) has been on the air with it for a couple of
weeks--since shortly after moving to the site of WXKS (AM), which is also
running IBOC. The hash is now quite evident on the Boston AM dial during
the day: 1030, 1090, 1260, 1430. Supposedly 1200 will go on the air with it
when its new 10 kW transmitter is installed. I was hoping that CCU would
wait to install IBOC on WKOX until the new triplex with 1330 and 1600 is
built (my guess on the time frame for that is fall 2007), but it will
probably cost CCU money in royalties if they delay. Beasley probably will
wait until the new facilities are built to put it on the air on WRCA. My
guess is that WUNR is in no hurry to add IBOC and will add it when the new
facilities are built only if not doing so makes proper tweaking of the
triplex combiner more challenging.

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@xxxxxxx
eFax 707-215-6367