Re: [IRCA] 1314 Norway

--- Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Curt,
>
> Most of the TA reports are assumed. If Norway 1314 runs 1200 KW and
> you
> are getting TAs, there is a very good bet you have Norway, plus if
> you
> get audio it is in NN. So I guess anything is possible, but 1314 is
> the
> most common TA here in the NW. I have them QSL'd from years ago.

*** I can recall addressing this questionback in the 1970's when I was
DX'ing in Northern NJ, and regularly had good TA conditions.
Initially on hearing a station for the first time, you're much more
likely to hold out for something more conclusive than would someone who
has heard the station routinely over the years. Not unlike more distant
skywave domestics, each becomes a familiar acquaintance after a while
and the flow of the programming, sometimes even when broadcasting in
English ( and even at that there are program schedules to compare to )
and without anything specific mentioned, you're fairly certain what you
have if it's alone or functionally alone on the frequency.

Language is of course a key, the program schedule and either internet
or shortwave parallels. Many TA's give some sort of identification
erven if it's informal.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]