Re: [IRCA] WBCA-1110 Cheating

--- Neil Kazaross <neilkaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As one DXers who will take the other side of what I
> hope won't become the
> usual flame war when this topic has been discussed,
> I must comment. Last
> night and many others provide a perfect illustration
> between "cheating" and
> "malfunctioning".

> As long as 10 years ago, WBCA was one of the first
> daytime only stations
> that I observed to be habitually on at night. This
> wasn't every night, but
> it was more than a few and more likely on Fri/Sat
> night when they might
> expect more listeners. This wasn't a case of a
> station with a PSSA operating
> at 500w maximum (most are lower power) for up to 2
> hours after sunset, it
> was a case of them operating on full power for at
> least several hours after
> sunset and sometimes AN. WBCA was warned by the FCC
> and I believe fined at
> least once and had been behaving most of the time
> for the last couple of
> years. Was last night an unintentional mistake ?  If
> so then it is in the
> same catagory with someone who has 3 DUI's and
> drives home with a B.A.C. of
> .23 (almost 3 times most state's limit for DUI)

And speaking of WBCA their old engineer says the old
RCA if they use it can't run the 2500 watts for
critical hours either. IF  they are really strong at
night, they are running full bore.  They had even
movced offices and failed to notify the FCC and do an
adress forwarding. Since I "tattle" for Atlanta, they
asked me if I had a better address than the one they
had (!!!!) This was  a few years ago.

Powell

w4opw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NNNN!