Re: [IRCA] Display readout

At 06:33 AM 1/4/2006 +0000, Nick wrote:
> >Is anyone using one of these, or a similar readout on an older analog radio?
> >I have a Radio Shack TRF-655 that I want to modify.

         Years ago, Ralph SANSERINO and/or John
KOLB manufactured digital readout units (0.1) for
the FRG-7 and possibly some analog receivers, as
I recall. Not certain if we carried them at Radio
West (mute point as they're out of business), but
they were around for a while. Back then, a
read-out to xxx.1 kHz was a big deal.

         By the time I was on Okinawa for my
first all-expense paid tour (1976-79),
Charlie-san (as in Taylor) had hooked me up with
a PFM unit that continued to work throughout my
3+ years on The Rock of Japan, despite my
recurring drooling problem, hi. Readout was
xxx.001 kHz, and I still have my logs somewhere around here.

         Mike

Mike Hardester
Jacksonville, NC. (34.47 N ? 77.23 W)
ICOM R-70 - 2 x 75 foot (23 meter) random wires
Orientation: E/W and N/S
Quantum Phaser and Patience