Re: [IRCA] 1314

At 09:35 PM 1/7/2006, you wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Norway 1314 kHz Fair at times, Of course faded at 0500 UTC.
>
>Back at good levels 0520UTC..
>S3 to S5 at times w/ vague talking..
>coming back up even better now.. 0522UTC
>
>Colin in Victoria

Hearing the same here as well after 06:00.  Reception was really quite good 3 or 4 nights ago, much better than tonight.  I'm listening to it on a newly acquired RF-590 which seems to outshine the HF-2050, but I don't think it's as good as my 7030+ nor 756 Pro2.  I'm surprised that Colin uses S-units to describe signal strength on MW.  In my neck of the woods, the entire AM band is so RF-ridden, that it's really impossible to isolate the signal enough to quantify it, unless one has a spectrum scope a la the 756Pro2.  The night in question a few days ago showed a very decent distinct peak vs the adjacent 1310 station.  ...........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC.