[IRCA] WAPI-WJOX Test Results Update

Another report arrived here this evening from Phil Chiello, who
heard WAPI 1070khz on all three nights from his home
in Elk Grove, WI, near Milwaukee.

This brings the total number of states receiving the test to 16,
with the longest DX being nearly 2000 miles. This is indeed,
"proof of concept" for a great idea...

Look for an article with lots more details about exactly how this
new type of DX Test is created, and possible impact on the
future of the hobby in an upcoming issue of our publications.

Thanks again to Frank Giardina and the staff of both
stations for their help in our grand experiment.

SOAPBOX

Conditions were best during the first day, which was characterized
by many strong signals, low noise, and much flutter (rapid, shallow fading).
-Phil Chiello, Elk Grove, WI

Les Rayburn, N1LF
NRC/IRCA Broadcast Test Coordinator
Please call anytime 24/7 if your transmitter
will be off the air for maintenance.
(205) 253-4867