[IRCA] Travelogue to the Caribbean

One last thing I forgot to mention and nothing to do with radio, but worthy to add to my recent travelogue.  We spent a couple of days in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami Beach (South Beach) after the cruise.  No radio listening but I did see the biggest most expensive homes and yachts I've ever seen, and I thought there were plenty in the Pacific North West.  As many of you know, I'm building a modest cabin on the beach up on the Queen Charlotte Islands.  My wife who happens to be Haida had a poster framed which will hang prominently in the cabin up there.  It's based on a Cree saying.  I couldn't get it out of my head looking at this 50 million dollar mansion, and that 100 million dollar yacht:

     Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

A point we need to all ponder!  Happy new year!........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.