Re: [IRCA] DXing Practices and Ethics Question

Re: [IRCA] DXing Practices and Ethics Question

Thanks for all your responses and good points. I sort of figured I'd trigger
some response, but then again, I really wasn't sure what it was going to be.
Although comparing live audio from a PC may be old stuff for some of you, it
never occured to me in the past because it wasn't a logistical option.  All
the sudden I did it and it was like, Hmmm- what's this I did? So I posted
the question.  Comparing it to SW parallels makes sense and I think that
settles the question. I find that DXing is strictly fun (almost an oxymoron
there) and I have nothing to prove to anybody else. If I catch it great, if
not, oh well. Taping an ID off the internet would be grounds for me to quit
the hobby and commit hari-kari, hi.  As far as keeping audio copies of ID's,
I have a few clips that I've transferred from the cassette to PC audio
files.

If DX'ing were a magnet, I do believe I already know who and what types
would be attacted to it! I find that, in addition to my other hobbies,
DX'ing has helped me to be "well rounded". hi.
73- Doug