Re: [IRCA] Radio Station EKKO stamp images

Re: [IRCA] Radio Station EKKO stamp images

> Lyn Hollerman recently wrote the list about Jon Pearkins' collection
> of EKKO stamp images. I have them from WBBR (the old one on 1330) and
> WKY plus a non-conforming verie stamp from KFYR. Does anyone know the
> history behind these?
>
> Pete
>
> Pete Taylor

I have a verie letter from KFI-640 (yes, I said, letter)
and it has a non-conforming "EKKO" stamp they
had included, a in-house produced deal. I wound up
attaching it to the letter itself so it wouldn't become
lost. (Yes I know today that, to a stamp collector,
"original gum" and "never hinged" are value increasers.)

I got this in or about 1964 for reception from New
Jersey, a common event then, for those willing to stay
up until about 1 or 2 AM.. Though once I heard them
around 8 or 9 pm est in wintertime.

Back then, Ernie Cooper's DXer neighbor (either
Bernie Duffy or Peter Clarius, not sure which)
had an album with a couple hundred of those stamps.
These DXers lived in Brooklyn NY.

--

Speaking of KFI there is some talk on bc or RT
that the NTSB has released a report on the accident

- Bob