Re: [IRCA] new verie

Yes, I did have California plates.  At the time, I was driving a Camaro Berlinetta, which was *the* car most appreciated by car theives at the time.  They built framing into the door to prevent slim jims from being used (which I didn't know until the cop told me).  If I didn't have $1500 worth of camera equipment laying visible on the seat and another $3000 hanging on straps across my chest, I would have ventured a mile or so out to the main highway for help.  An older couple in a RV came by and saw my predicament.  They could see that a clothes hanger wasn't long enough, but two straightened out and duct-taped together at the "curly Qs" did the trick once I got just the right curve at the end designed for picking up the keys AND maneuvering them out of the window crack without losing them again in the process.  I will NEVER forget what I learned that day.

Mike

Bob Foxworth <rfoxwor1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well 2006 arrived, with or without my personal assistance, hi

Caught some of Dick Clark, a brave man to appear on tv after his
stroke etc.

Have to comment on this ...

>I locked myself out of my car one day in early March outside of Ely NV.
Temperature = 6. Clothing - >windbreaker, jeans, T-shirt. It took me 4
hours to work a pair of taped-together clothes hangers through the
>window just right to get my keys out through a tiny opening at the back
of the window. I still remember the >Nevada Highway Patrol guy saying
"Boy, you're screwed. These cars have anti-theft devices built in to
the >doors." He then drove away. I pat myself down before my car door
closes now just to make sure I don't do that >again.

>Mike Hawkins

Hope I never need the assistance of the Nevada Highway
Patrol next time it is 6 degrees. You can depend on us?

You must have had California plates on that car.

I have always had a second car key with me. With these
newer keys it is no longer simple, my kind of car key
involves going to Home Depot and they make one on
a grinder in about 30 seconds from the master.

- Bob

Yahoo! Shopping