Re: [IRCA] new verie

Just to be safe, you should mount said rock dead-center in the middle of your dashboard.  Your home-based shelf will not be on your mind the next time you're in your car with a wild hair to track down a tower.

Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 12:45 AM 12/31/2005, you wrote:
>Cool catch and verie Martin- Im pleased too! (for those of you who
>don't know, Bullhead City is across the river from Laughlin, NV-
>gambling mini-tropolis)
>Way to go,
>73- Doug

KZZZ was the site of my most embarrassing tower-hunting experience.
It's up on a hill overlooking Bullhead City and Laughlin, up a dirt
road. I drove up there at sunset, tried to turn the rental car around
in the open area next to the transmitter building, and didn't see the
big rocks sticking up. Bottomed the car out on one of them, had to
call AAA, and then waited for quite a while for a guy to come up with
a shovel and a tow truck to get me unstuck. Because it was off a
paved road, AAA didn't cover the costs, either. And it was too dark
to get a good picture!

I went back up there a couple of years later to get a better picture,
and now have a small rock from the site sitting on my shelf at home
as a reminder not to be quite that stupid in the future.

Yahoo! Photos