Re: [IRCA] WWCN 770; 31 0050Z DEC 05; PVZ

Re: [IRCA] WWCN 770; 31 0050Z DEC 05; PVZ

> 770 WWCN No. Ft. Myers IBOC off mid-day, allowing strong TPA 760 XE to
come
> through as always, prior to HD's surly spectral sleaziness.

I notice WHJJ-920 here in Providence has been IBOC-less for a few days.  I
have no idea why.  Next time I run into their engineer, I'll ask.

It isn't missed, that's for sure.

I do notice a hiss under WPRO-630 programming as well.  Enough to make it
less pleasant to listen to.

Even WBZ at 30+ miles is somewhat affected by their IBOC.  On the R8B it's
no problem, but a clock radio or even AM section of a hifi tuner is
affected.  I will ask the WHJJ engineer if they get many compaints about
noise.

Hmm.  Good "News Talk 990" liner, a weather forecast, a WNTP Weather Center
mention, into an ad for NADA mechanics.  Bill Bennett promo.  Suddenly on
top of the frequency.  Into Michael Savage.  8:32-8:35pm EST.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI