Re: [IRCA] WALE-990 still off

> During brief involvement with WALE, '92, carrier lost audio. Grady Moates
of
> Loud 'n Clean summoned...

I've worked with Grady.  He's a good guy, and very sharp.  I did some work
for WALE back in the Battaglia days, maybe 1988-90.  They had no money, so
they traded out a vacation with a local travel agency.  All expenses week in
Jamaica, limo to the airport included.  After all that, I still had about
$500 in trade at local restaurants.

The two hop STL was a real lashup.  Now and then bad weather would fade it
out.  Nothing to be done for it.

And then there's the suspicion of toxic waste in the antenna field.  There
are areas where *nothing* will grow.

> For all we know, Tabonga unplugged STL. Typical WALE state of affairs
during
> loving 90's.

Ah yes.  The late Steve White era..

As of 8:53pm EST, WALE is still off.  WLGZ with Bread or some such schmaltz
owns the frequency.  Gak..

Craig Healy
Providence, RI