Re: [IRCA] Upcoming DX Tests (New KAVT Fresno Test!)

Re: [IRCA] Upcoming DX Tests (New KAVT Fresno Test!)

> not automatically updated to reflect the new standards unless a
> station applies for a change of some sort. Look, for instance, at
> KOZI 1230 in Chelan WA - it was in the database as "ND1," but has
> filed a minor application to correct its coordinates. There's no
> actual change in the station's operation, but when the application is
> processed, KOZI will become "ND2" in the database.

I've seen a lot (comparatively) of these "correction
of coordinates" minor apps.

Is this something as simple as people using
GPS receivers to get a better fix than the old
quad topo maps provided, or is there something
else involved with the site itself - perhaps a
way in which the actual coordinate is defined?
(site mean center, xmtr location, reference
tower location, other?)

My estimate of D/M/S* is that the seconds
are about 101 feet resolution? This could create
a variation of several digits in the Sec. field in
both x and y directions for a moderately large site.
(*based on 69 miles per degree)

What is the attribute of a site that gets described
by a coordinate?

Thanks for the expla of the ND1/ND2 business,
which I never fully understood before.

Oh well. Hope to get smarter when I grow up.

Merry Christmas, all  - Bob