Re: [IRCA] 1180 SS ?

Doug,

You're right, there are at least two Radio Rebeldes on 1180 as well as one or more Radio Relojs.  The R.Reb reported at Villa Maria, Cuidad Havana, is the dominant one for me, especially during the day.  At night two R.Rebs often overlay each other at similar levels but with a two or three second delay, causing a noticeable echo effect.  R.R. can be heard at times in the jumbled mix.  It is not unusual for this to result in a complete mess.

Cubans are notorious for switching things around.  It is even conceivable one of the usual R.Rebs switched to R.Progreso for a period of time for who knows what reason.  Yesterday the two I heard were both R.Rebs.

Radio Marti, Marathon, FL is also on 1180, which is no doubt the reason for the pile up of Cubans on the channel, blocking it from east and west on the island.  I am unable to copy R.Marti from here, due to the stronger Cuban signals coming my way.

Curt
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (southeast) FL
[JRC NRD-535D; LFE H-800, M-601; Quantum Phaser]
http://ScooterHound.com/WWWR/wobbler
http://ScooterHound.com/WWWR/radio/sefliboc.html

Doug Pifer - KE6GMM wrote:
Hi All,
I'm still working on this 1180 SS.  Tonight I'm dealing with some strong periodic QRN from an unknown local source.

So far I've heard Cuba mentioned again, but get this... I also heard R. Progresso mentioned.  What's with this? >From what I gather, should'nt it be R. Rebelde.  I can't find anything that would relate it to Mexico yet.  R. Marti maybe??
Thanks and 73- Doug