Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] het from possible Wyo this evening

In a message dated 12/19/2005 20:21:29 Mountain Standard Time, rfoxwor1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Bob
>
>Wyoming is definitely running on the low side.  They put a growl on
1630 that is mostly separable using the >loops or the flags from KCJJ...
Would be nice to see the east Coast getting Wyoming...

>Now all I need is someone to send me New Hampshire and Vermont...
>
>73
>

>Wayne Heinen NØPOH
>Editor NRC AM Radio Log

Tnx Wayne, that's what we're told. Do you have an idea of when
or if they drop power for sunset? I am thinking this had to have
been on 10 kw.

I used to get 1690 Arvada every so often at LSS, that was
2 years ago, and that - like this - was just on a car radio
and whip. The big problem there was the Disney non-ID
format, but enough to separate from WPTX.

73 Bob k2euh

Bob et al

Sunset is 1635 local today...  The "FCC Sunset"  switch time should be 1630 MST or 1830 EST which would match what you had earlier...  Format is SS:MEX and slogan is "La Grande".

Same old problem with Disney and all the syndicated stuff... ToH is the only time most of them ID.  My last Florida was 1680 though I haven't heard them since the channel got crowded...

Took a while to see this...  Had the Rocky Mountain VHF+ weak signal SSB net tonight.  The other end of the spectrum worked N0LL in EM09 on 144.220.  Gotta tune up the shack for the January contest 1/21-23...

Happy Hunting!

73

Wayne Heinen NØPOH
Editor NRC AM Radio Log