[IRCA] HD Radio for sale at J&R

HD Radio on the market. I've been watching
the press for the first signs of a HD radio
available for sale to "anyone" (not just
broadcasters and media people who have some
kind of 'inside track' on availability) and
it seems that Boston Acoustics has the
fastest horse out of the gate.

In today's (Thu 15 Dec) New York Times on
page C10 is a full page ad by J&R Music
World. Their Portable Audio listings, of
which there are 9 items, includes the BA
HD offering, along with CD, MP3, Ipod
products, and also a Grundig 6400A all-
band portable $99 receiver.

The BA ad says "Boston Acoustics Receptor
Radio (r) HD stereo Digital HD AM/FM Radio.
HD Tuner. Multi-line Display. Input for
Ipod and other sources. Bass-Trac circuitry.
20 AM-FM presets. 2 alarms." - Just Arrived.
Free ground shipping on this item. $499.00.
Item BA RADIOHD-PL.

The device is a rectangular box, appears
roughly 6 x 12 inches front x maybe 8 inches
deep (but hard to visually scale it).
There is a circular speaker grille on the
left and a rectangular display window on
the right with 2 rotary knobs and an aux
device that appears to be a remote control.

It actually is my kind of device - simple,
functional, no-nonsense styling. Just is
not quite my kind of pricing. I think a
buck-and-a-half would get my attention.

But, to answer "where are the receivers",
let the games begin. J&R is at 800-221-
8180, 212-238-9000, www.jr.com.

- Bob