Re: [IRCA] Alaska again

Mike Stonebridge wrote:

>At 06:00 and again at 09:00 I heard the CBC news. My NRC Logbook (23rd.
>edition) lists two 40W CBC stations on 1170. One in Port Alice BC, located
>at the north end of Vancouver Island which relays CBU-690 and CBRH New
>Hazelton which relays CFPR-860. My money would go on CBRH as there was local
>news before the TOH and the main news. Of course, as there is with most CBC
>stations, no ID at TOH.

Mike

If you want a local ID on a CBC station try just after the CBC news.
I've heard local IDs and weather on CFWH-570 at about 4 minutes past the
hour. I haven't personally checked other CBC stations, such as CFPR, but
that would probably be the only time at night when these stations aren't
// the rest of the network.

Bruce