[IRCA] Tecsun DR-920

First, let me wish everybody a very "Merry Christmas."

For me, part of my Christmas list came this morning
in the form of the Tecsun DR-920 that I ordered from
a very reliable seller on a well-known web auction
site.

The DR-920 is an analogue radio with a digital
frequency counter display.  The right side of the
radio has a "real" tuning knob (one that twists
instead of rolling up/down) and a slide switch
that allows the user to switch between a buzzer
and the radio for the alarm function.

The left side of the radio has a volume knob
(the "up/down" rolling type), a 3.5 mm mono
headphone jack, and a 3VDC jack in case you
wanted to use one of those "wall-warts."

The bands covered by the DR-920 are:

MW - 525 to 1640 kHz (1 kHz steps)
FM - 76.0 to 108.0 MHz (100 kHz steps)
SW - 3.90 to 21.85 MHz (5 kHz steps)

The SW coverage is not continuous.  Instead,
it is divided into 10 bands.  The bandswitch
is a slide switch that takes you through
FM, MW, and SW1-SW10.

Here are the SW bands:

SW1 - 3.90 to 4.00 MHz (75 Metre Band)
SW2 - 4.75 to 5.06 MHz (60 Metre Band)
SW3 - 5.95 to 6.20 MHz (49 Metre Band)
SW4 - 7.10 to 7.30 MHz (41 Metre Band)
SW5 - 9.50 to 9.90 MHz (31 Metre Band)
SW6 - 11.65 to 12.05 MHz (25 Metre Band)
SW7 - 13.60 to 13.80 MHz (22 Metre Band)
SW8 - 15.10 to 15.60 MHz (19 Metre Band)
SW9 - 17.55 to 17.90 MHz (16 Metre Band)
SW10 - 21.45 to 21.85 MHz (13 Metre Band)

The DR-920 does not have SSB capability,
but for a less-than-$20 USD radio, it does
a pretty good job.

It's approximately the same size as the
Tecsun DR-910 (a.k.a. Grundig G1000A),
which is 74 x 116 x 28 mm, and weighs
approximately 200 grams.

The DR-920 uses 2 AA batteries and has
a detachable battery cover on the back
of the radio.  The flip-stand, also on
the back, has the SW bands printed on
it.

I am very impressed with this new radio.

Does anybody else out there use a DR-920
or have an opinion/review of the radio?

Thanks for the bandwidth ...

73 and GREAT DX!

Stephen Ponder N5WBI