[IRCA] December 10 - Early TP/DU indicators

[IRCA] December 10 - Early TP/DU indicators

0600 UTC - actually had audio on 738khz Tahiti-Mahaina for about 4 minutes
here on the West Coast of North America -
very rare indeed considering that this station runs
their transmitters at about 30% modulation - 738khz
has to be coming in at about S7 before there is a whisper
of audio.

Currently fighting a local noise problem - we have not
had a good rain in weeks and I think it might be
salt build up on a power transformer across the street
(about 150M away) - noised started at about S7 cover to
cover (100khz to 30Mhz) but has not settled down
to about S2 to S3.

Looks might be a good evening - relative to other
recent evenings which have been, well, pretty much dead.

Colin Newell - Victoria B.C. Canada
Drake R8 - Wellbrook ALA100