Re: [IRCA] Fell into the donut hole

At 20:59 07/12/2005, you wrote:
>Paul,
>
>I was surprised cx last night were all AU too. Tonga-1017, Fiji-639, etc
>were there. The earlier condition numbers were not elevated. But
>apparently some had changed. There was hardly anything from the East or
>North here.

Whatever it was, don't think it was the aurora;  see
http://www.sel.noaa.gov/today.html for the incredibly low K values on
December 7 UTC.....a touch of midwinter anomaly, perhaps?

and tonight 0500UT on, there's been a carrier on 1314 (nobody else though),
but this morning near sunrise, it was as Dennis V. observed earlier last
night....pretty dead for TPs, just carriers getting weaker.

Nick