Re: [IRCA] EMI problem solved!

Hi Charles,
A ground loop isolator is, from I can tell, a 1:1 transformer that passes
audio but not DC. I was getting DC along with the computer noise into my
radios every time I plugged an audio cable from my computer sound card
"MIC" jack to the radios audio output jack. Before I installed it the LW
band and pretty much all of MW was obscured with noise from the computer.
The audio isolator (radio shack part #270-054) was $16.99 but I also bought
an RCA to 1/8 mono "Y" cord adapter to plug into the ICOM R-75. If you own
an NRD 545 like I do it will just plug right into the RCA audio outputs on
the back of the radio! Digging through my junk box I found an audio A\B
switch that I am going to plug in so I can switch between both radios
without constantly plugging and unplugging cables. Hope this makes sense as
I'm on some strong cold meds and I am probably rambling on :)
Best Regards,
John Hunter
Rossville GA