Re: [IRCA] Audio Optoisolaters

> > >Hi again, Sorry for the recent barrage of questions but I am trying to
> > >solve  some severe RF-EMI problems. I went ahead yesterday and rolled a
> > >balun using a core of unknown composition and when I turned on the
radio
> > >and went down into LW I noticed that the LOUD AC buzz that had
previously
> > >plagued that area was completely gone and the band was full of
previously
> > >unheard beacons! It also worked well up to 30 mc.
> > >Now I am trying to get rid of the noise introduced into my receivers
from
> > >my computer and remember reading that someone had found a place that
sold
> > >Audio Optoisolaters to connect the two together eliminating the
> > >computer"hash" and monitor noise. Unfortunately I can't find that email
or
> > >any web site that sells them. Does anyone know where I can get one? Any
> > >help would be greatly appreciated.

Radio Shack sells a transformer setup with attached cables that works well
for eliminating ground loop type troubles.  I use it between my R8B and
computer, as well as in a number of radio station applications.  Look in the
automotive audio section.  I think it runs about twenty bucks.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI