Re: [IRCA] TP report from Masset for January 1 2019

<<< Never logged 693, but heard & QSL'd 558. Too much JJ on 693 when I tried. Great catch! >>>

Thanks Patrick,

693-Bangladesh is a lot easier to receive in the forward Pacific areas now that NHK2 signs off around 1545. The 1000 kW helped to overcome the 3AW Oz pest in the Cook Islands, and 690-KHNR splatter in Hawaii.

In both places I also tried to match your reception of 1566-AIR, but the frequency is locked down by 3NE in the Cooks, and by 1570-KUAU splatter in Hawaii. I think that the key for west coast DXers to track down India is to be aware that almost all of the big gun AIR stations switch to an English news format at 1530 UTC, with all of them in parallel. Because of this 927-AIR and 954-AIR were both received in Kauai in November. 657-AIR was also received in Bengali in the Cooks, but only by some serious luck.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)