Re: [IRCA] Terminating resistor

vroomski@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Patrick,
>
>    I bought the last 2.5 k pot at my local Radio Shack.  You're right,
> it's kind of tricky adjusting it to the proper setting (980 ohms).  Is
> your pot enclosed in a box preset?   I'm wondering exactly how you
> have it; for instance, is it adjustable from outside of  the enclosure
> with the shaft sticking out?

You could narrow the range of the pot by using a couple more resistors.

You could use, say, 750 Ohm resistors, one in series with the pot, and
one in parallel.
That would give the you an adjustment range of about 750 Ohms through
1375 Ohms, which should make the adjustment a lot less tricky.

--
Mike Westfall, N6KUY, WDX6O
Los Alamos, New Mexico (DM65uv)