Re: [IRCA] Best Chinese Session Yet

For a new guy at this, this morning was pretty amazing for me as well for China and Japan. i haven't finished sifting my sdr recording, but I was tuning around real time a bit and most everything i tuned to was armchair or close to it! Normally, I have to dig around to find a short time span of intelligible copy on various stations.

This morning I was using a Pixel Tech shielded magnetic loop (the original to the one DXEngineering sells now) at the other end of a couple of hundred feet of RG6, Airspy HF+ with the mod, and SDR Console.

Pretty exciting... :-)

Ken
Lummi Island, WA

Gary DeBock <mailto:d1028gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Thursday, November 1, 2018 8:55 AM
It certainly seemed like my gear was already in Hawaii this morning, with far and away the best Chinese session for the entire wacky week. I finally tracked down Nick's 783 kHz Chinese opera at good strength at 1436 (with a possible Chinese co-channel), along with an S9 signal from 756-CNR1 (with an awesome reverb effect). 837-China (Harbin?) had S9 music around 1426, while a ton of other Chinese stations had their best audio ever here. Full details to follow!

756 CNR1 Chinese female speech //639 with awesome echo effect at 1410; best signal ever here https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/4maczz39wavknc2szcpenu2p0ukam51q

783 China Chinese opera at full Hawaii strength at 1436, with apparent Chinese co-channel as well https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/b5rwkm60qq7dkdfwqn3lb88bppo6m9ry

Gary DeBock (DXing with the 5" Frequent Flyer FSL at Peach Park in the Puyallup Valley, WA)