[IRCA] TP DX in Seattle on Oct 28

Japanese stations were in short supply today, and Koreans weren't much better. Chinese on the other hand were quite plentiful. My 1116 station turned out to be CNR2 thanks to a much better signal today. I had two stations on 1098: one with the CNR1 programming we've been hearing all season, the other with unusual music and talk in a language I didn't recognize. Possibly CNR11 (Tibetan service) One was likely the 1000 kw TX listed in Golmud, but I'm not sure which it was, or for that matter where the second station is located.

558ÂÂÂ S KOREA, 1359 good with the usual Happy FM stuff, time tone & songs

567 JAPAN, JOIK, 1359 Japanese conversation, then 3+1 pips at ToH & man with news. Fair-good signal but much splat

585ÂÂÂ JAPAN, JOPG, 1400 weak pips & Japanese talk

594ÂÂÂ JAPAN, JOAK, 1431, Japanese discussion good, was mostly poor-nil earlier

603ÂÂÂ CHINA, Chinese talk mixing with Korea 1307 1400 1432 & other times

621ÂÂÂ UNID, 1400 poor in horrific KCIS-630 splash, sounded like Chinese time pips & inst music across ToH, then someone talking

639 CHINA, CNR1, 1400 fair poor in KCIS splash with the usual time pips, anmts, & ID

657ÂÂÂ CHINA/DPRK, 1430 Chinese talk dominating, then orchestral music from N Korea faded up, both good at times

666 JAPAN, JOBK, 1300 time pips & Japanese male poor in splash

675ÂÂÂ VIETNAM, 1302 stringed instrument music, then man & woman in Vietnamese good

756ÂÂÂ CHINA, 1430 two time tones, woman with what sounded like time check, then man with what sounded like news fair-good

783ÂÂÂ CHINA, 1403 woman in Chinese fair

810ÂÂÂ CHINA, 1400, 5+1 pips ending at 1400:08, then bits of Chinese talk mixing with KGO & KTBI

819ÂÂÂ DPRK, 1407 dreamy orchestral music mixing with unid Chinese talk fair-poor in KGNW splash

828 JAPAN, 1400 Portuguese talk across ToH, no pips. By 1404 Chinese talk in background.

837ÂÂÂ CHINA, 1407 Chinese talk, then vocal music fair

855ÂÂÂ DPRK, 1406 woman talking in Korean, a bit muffled with bits of unid station in background

864 S KOREA 1400 very poor with 3+1 pips & bits of male talk

891 UNID, 1422 bits of talk sounded Chinese, and other bits sounding maybe Korean, along with bits of music. Rather weak audio but huge carrier.

900ÂÂÂ CHINA, 1400 two sets of slightly off-sync 5+1 pips, then ghostly sounding talk with very noticeable echo, poor u/CKBI

918 UNID, 1408, Chinese talk in 920 splash probably Shandong

936ÂÂÂ CHINA, 1417 woman in Chinese fair-poor probably Anhui

945 CHINA, CNR1. 1400 poor with the usual ToH stuff, lots of KJR splash. Better 1430 with time tones & talk but still plenty of KJR splash today

963ÂÂÂ CHINA, CRI 1445 fair w/woman in Russian

972ÂÂÂ S KOREA 1400 3+1 pips & start of next program, unid Chinese station in background with talk & 5+1 pips ending at 1400:16.

981ÂÂÂ CHINA, CNR1 1300 1400 & 1500 fair with the usual ToH stuff

1017ÂÂÂ CHINA, CRI 1500 fair w/usual fanfare and Korean/Chinese IDs

1035ÂÂÂ CHINA CNR1 1324 group singing //981/1098 fair-poor

1044ÂÂÂ CHINA, CRI 1300 poor w/opening fanfare for Japanese service

1098 CHINA, CNR1/unid, 1430 man in Chinese mixing with station w/exotic vocal/flute music and woman in unid language. Possibly CNR11 (Tibetan service)

1116 CHINA, CNR2, 1400, good w/clear ID as "Zhngyang Renmin Guangbo Diantai, Jingji zhi Sheng". This was apparently what I heard yesterday, rather than CNR5. The music was similar, but yesterday's ID was far murkier

1170ÂÂÂ S KOREA, KBS 1354 woman in Chinese u/KPUG, 1359 vocal song to ToH, 3+1 pips then music & weak talk 1400

1305ÂÂÂ CHINA, 1433 what sounded like ads in Chinese poor

1575ÂÂÂ THAILAND, VOA, 1430 "Welcome to the Voice of America in Burmese" then Burmese pgm fair