[IRCA] TP DX in Seattle on 10/27

Today's report is abbreviated a bit. I left off most of the easy stuff like JOUB & HLAZ to save time. I also left off a bunch of cases where all I had was traces of audio, also to save time.

The Chinese were in abundance today, while the Japanese were mostly well below normal (with a couple of exceptions). Highlights today included what I'm pretty sure were CNR5-1116 and Jinan-1305.

558ÂÂÂ S KOREA, KBS, 1259 fair w/"Happy FM" jingle, ID and time tone, then easy listening music

567ÂÂÂ JAPAN, JOIK, 1426, animated conversation //594 good but much KVI splash

612ÂÂÂ JAPAN, JOLK, 1406 female song fair //594

603ÂÂÂ S KOREA, KBS, Happy FM jingle, ID, time tone, then song mixing w/unid Chinese

639ÂÂÂ CHINA, CNR1, 1424 woman in Chinese //756 poking through KCIS-630 splash

648ÂÂÂ CHINA, unid, time pips & bits of Chinese talk poor in 650 splash

657ÂÂÂ DPRK, 1431 female comrade singing patriotic anthem good in domestic splash, Chinese talk in background

675ÂÂÂ VIETNAM, 1434, man in Vietnamese fair

729ÂÂÂ UNID, 1437 woman in Chinese with excerpts from pipe organ music

738 TAIWAN (presumed) 1405 woman in Chinese good o/unid. No ID but announcing style was typical of the Fishery station.

756ÂÂÂ CHINA, CNR1, 1406 good w/several ads in Chinese

783 CHINA, 1359 Chinese talk w/echo, 1400:10 two sets of 3 time pips, slightly offset, then anmt that may have been an ID but too weak to tell. Possibly Hebei.

819ÂÂÂ DPRK/CHINA, 1302 emphatic Korean woman mostly dominant, getting QRM from Chinese talk station fair in 820 splash

837ÂÂÂ CHINA 1400 probably Harbin w/5+1 pips ending at 1400:20 then anmt (ID?), better by 1423 w/what sounded like Children's chorus

900 CHINA, 1400 weak pips u/CKBI: two 5+1 slightly out of sync pips, followed by a third set.

936ÂÂÂ CHINA?, 1436 Chinese male talk mixing w/music, both poor in domestic splash

945ÂÂÂ CHINA, CNR1 1400 the usual "Zhongyang Renmin Guangbo Diantai" ID followed by fast talking man

963ÂÂÂ CHINA, CRI good w/the usual fanfare & Russian/Chinese IDs, then news in Russian

981ÂÂÂ CHINA, CNR1 1500 still there fair with "Zhongyang Renmin Guangbo Diantai" ID followed by male talk

1017ÂÂÂ CHINA, CRI 1400 the usual fanfare & Chinese/Korean ID's then news fair

1035ÂÂÂ CHINA, 1400 CNR1 poor with ID //981

1044ÂÂÂ CHINA, 1300 CRI fanfare & Chinese/Japanese ID's fair in domestic splash

1089ÂÂÂ JAPAN, JOHB, 1400 3+1 pips & language lesson mixing w/Chinese station, both poor in KFNQ-1090 splash

1098ÂÂÂ CHINA, CNR1 1403 good w/Chinese talk //others

1116ÂÂÂ CHINA, CNR5 (tentative) 1400 distinctive chime music plus a couple of weak IDs sounding like "Zhonghua zhi Sheng".

1170ÂÂÂ S KOREA, 1300 "KBSWorld Radio" ID in English, then IDs in Chinese, fair slightly weaker than KPUG

1305 CHINA, Jinan, 1300, weak w/distinctive electronic "Big Ben" type clock chimes, then possible ID. Slightly better 1302 with Chinese talk. No ID heard but the chimes match what I heard at Grayland 2 weeks ago, plus recordings I made (with "Jinan Wenyi Guangbo" IDs) off the Cangzhou KiwiSDR receiver, which is only about 200 km from Jinan. Listed as 10 kw but likely much more than that.

1575ÂÂÂ THAILAND, VOA 1435 good w/talk in SE Asian language