[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, October 20-26, 2018

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:Â
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page71
[over 315,000 views! as of October 26, 2018]

These logs are [potentially] in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** U S A. 830, Oct 25 at 1256 UT, Spanish gospel huxter about to fade
out next to Mexicali on 820; loops east/west which pretty much rules
out west, and Mexico, rather pointing to WUMY Memphis TN.

I recall reading somewhere recently that it changed owner and format,
but NRC AM Log 2018-2019, closing date early August, still has it with
classic hits as Guess FM, 3 kW daytimer //93.3 translator, with street
address across the state line in Southaven MS. Searching e-dxn
website, I don`t find any update about this, but a wider websearch
upturns these:

``Guess-FM Memphis Sold To Local Spanish Operator
By Lance Venta	Last updated Jun 18, 2018
https://radioinsight.com/headlines/168991/guess-fm-memphis-sold-to-local-spanish-operator/

Guess FM 1180 WGUE Memphis --- After selling 830 WUMY/105.5 W288BJ
Memphis TN to GMF-Christian Media for $706,823 in May, Memphis First
Ventures sells the remainder of Classic Hits âGuess-FMâ to Butron
Media Corporation.``

https://twitter.com/BuenasNuevasMEM
GMF Christian Media Presents
Buenas Nuevas Memphis - 105.5 FM/830 AM
Coming to the Airwaves 10.1.18

Buenas Nuevas Memphis
@BuenasNuevasMEM

Also leads to:
https://buenasnuevasmemphis.com

``Buenas Nuevas Memphis is GMF's Christian Media's first Spanish
speaking FM [sic] radio station. Reaching Hispanics in Memphis and
beyond with the Good News of Jesus!``

I`ve always wondered why cristianos translate ``good news`` as
``buenas nuevas`` --- no one speaking proper Spanish would ever render
``news`` as ``nuevas`` instead of ``noticias`` or ``noticiero`` or
``noticiario``. And can there be a singular ``nueva`` in the gospel-
huxter context? Maybe they are semi-literate.

830 also has CP for 8000/2 watts, both from same site in west-central
Memphis TN, could be in use now. FCC shows call has not been changed
from WUMY; who cares, since they have their new slogan branding.

An FCC NPRM, In the Matter of Revitalization of the AM Radio Service
))) MB Docket No. 13-249, SECOND FURTHER NOTICE OF PROPOSED RULEMAKING
Adopted: October 5, 2018, mentions:

``Other stations must reduce power to the point that it is tantamount
to no nighttime service at all. An example is station WUMY, Memphis,
Tennessee, at 830 kHz, which broadcasts with 8 kilowatts nominal power
during the day but only 2 watts at night, because it must protect
WCCO, Minneapolis, Minnesota, almost 700 miles away.``

WUMY originated as KBOA in Kennett, MO bootheel, which QSLed me long
ago as a playing card!

BTW, this gospel Spanish is not to be confused with a secular SS also
on 830, WFNO Norco LA, which also really gets out vs WCCO.

830, Oct 26 at 1302 UT, WUMY Memphis TN still audible poorly with more definite info confirming my research yesterday: weather in Spanish for ``ciudad de Memphis``; mentioning cities covered from Jackson (TN) to Jonesboro (AR); 1303 gospel rock tune; 1307, ``105.5 --- Buenas Nuevas`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---