[IRCA] Saturdays highlights - TP DX in Seattle

Today's report will be very abbreviated, focusing on the really good stuff. I was gone all day and by the time I got home, TA's were starting to come in for the first time this season. So I had limited time for listening to the SDR recording of what was obviously an impressive morning. Anyway, there's probably more to be reported if I can find the time to dig through the files.

621ÂÂÂ UNID, dreamy vocal song 1356 good but soon faded, possibly DPRK

639 CHINA, CNR1, 1400:30 a few bars of the theme music played during IDs //981 etc. Very poor in horrific KCMS-630 splatter. Much better 1403 w/fair male in Chinese //1098

675 VIETNAM, 1359 woman in Vietnamese, then chime IS and pips at ToH (both matching what was heard at 0500 on the Vietnam Kiwisdr receiver). After the pips there was rousing march music. The ID, if any, was tooweak to copy, but everything else matches perfectly

720 CHINA, 1400 5+1 pips weak mixing w/faint domestic (probably KFIR). Possible march music just before ToH

756ÂÂÂ CHINA, CNR1, 1354, quite good today, male talk //1098 etc

810 CHINA, bits of Chinese talk surfacing 1357 amid a weak jumble of stuff, 1359:45 distinctive chime melody then 5+1 pips at toh. Then various anmts that sounded like ads, mostly weak over faint remnants of KGO & KTBI, also a prominent buzz from something off-frequency

837 CHINA, 1359 pop vocal continued across ToH, 1400:15 5+1time pips, then ID with lush orchestral backing, too weak to understand. Possibly Harbin, based on past experience

855ÂÂÂ DPRK?, 1400 woman just before ToH,3+1 pips, then more talk, announcing style typical of DPRK but couldn't get 657 or 819 clear enough to // it

891ÂÂÂ CHINA?, 1401 rapid Chinese talk dominant

900ÂÂÂ CHINA, 1400 weak 5+1 pips u/KKRT

918ÂÂÂ CHINA, Shandong RGD, 1345 male talk in Chinese good at times, 1359 ad or promo by man & woman, Shandong mentioned just before 5+1 pips 1400, then clear "Shandong Renmim Guangbo DIentai" ID

1017ÂÂÂ CHINA, CRI, 1400 usual top of hour stuff, chimes & trumpets, IDs in Chinese and Korean fair-poor, I think this was the first audio of the season for this one

1062ÂÂÂ S KOREA, 1401 man with news, sounded Korean so apparently HLKQ

1170ÂÂÂ S KOREA, 1400 3+1 pips u/KPUG, not much else if anything