[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 30 September 2018

Things were very slow when I first checked at 1235, and even past 1300 only 4BC was doing much of anything. A more rational person would probably have gone back to bed. Luckily I don't fall into that category, so I carried on, and a few signals finally showed up. Mostly weak efforts from a few regulars but bits of audio on 558 attracted my attention, and after a few minutes the signal improved to a fair level. Confirming // with 612 took a bit of effort, not due to a weak 558 signal, but due to a weak 612 signal! Eventually used a remote SDR to be 100% certain.

558 6WA Wagin, AUSTRALIA Interview by woman during Nightlife program at 1318, //612 khz. Second best DU signal after 4BC! New for me, and my 3rd WA station.

585	7RN	Hobart, AUSTRALIA  Traces of man talking at 1305

*594	JOAK	Tokyo, JAPAN	Man in Japanese at 1251

612	4QR	Brisbane, AUSTRALIA	Woman interviewing another at 1316

774	JOUB, 	Akita, JAPAN	Weak, with man in Japanese at 1253.

792	4RN	Brisbane, AUSTRALIA	Talk by a man at 1309.

1116 4BC Brisbane, AUSTRALIA ad string at 1248. Decent signal, far above the level of anything else from DU at the time.

1152 unID Traces of English talk at 1325. Given conditions, quite likely 6PNN

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, AB
Perseus SDR with Wellbrook Phased Array